Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reba McEntire Opens Up To Oprah.com

(Undated) -- Reba McEntire is sharing some insights and words of wisdom. The country star tells Oprah.com she's learned a few things over the years -- about herself and life in general. She says she has discovered how important it is to express anger, because, quote, "then you have room for more positive things." The singer adds that once you've said your piece, quote, "it's amazing how the light shines so much brighter." Reba admits she's had a hard time extending forgiveness, but has found a way of letting go of resentments. She explains that she says "I forgive you" seven times every day, and within two or three days, quote, "I couldn't even remember what I was forgiving them for." Reba has also learned that she can't take on other people's troubles. She says it "stresses" her to see a loved one in pain, but now knows, quote, "all I can do is turn it over to the Lord. Because what made me think I could fix it in the first place?"

Reba just unveiled her latest video. The clip for her cover of the Beyonce hit "If I Were A Boy" had its premiere Monday on Oprah.com.