Thursday, March 3, 2011

James Otto Without A Label

James Otto is looking for a new musical home. The singer has announced via Twitter that he's no longer with Warner Bros. Records, saying in a tweet that they have, quote, "mutually agreed it's time to part ways." He also included a link to a longer message in which he praises the company and expresses his appreciation for his time with the label. Otto said he was now focused on other things, including a USO Tour to Iraq and Kuwait and, quote, "some new opportunities with my songwriting career," but promised he'd still be performing live. James added, quote, "And since becoming a new Dad, I hope to catch my breath by spending time with my wife Amy and 6 month old daughter, Ava, who is about to crawl any second! I don't want to miss it!" He offered more assurances in a later tweet, saying, quote, "No worries Ottomaniacs this is not the last you've seen/heard from me. Just a new chapter. Thsnks for all the support & well wishes."

Otto signed with Warner Brothers in 2007. He released two albums with the label -- 2008's "Sunset Man" and 2010's "Shake What God Gave Ya."