Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Marty Stuart Proud To Be Recognized For "Hummingbyrd"

(Nashville, TN) -- Marty Stuart says his latest GRAMMY award is particularly special to him. The country great earned his fifth career GRAMMY with the nod for Best Country Instrumental Performance for the track "Hummingbyrd." Stuart explains that the recognition "really means the world to me," because the song is his tribute to the late Byrds guitarist Clarence White. Marty says the guitar he primarily uses these days used to belong to White, and he purchased it from his widow. He notes, quote, "I've played it on a lot of hits and on a lot of records, but I've never felt like to the Clarence White fans who watch me or who actually watch the guitar, that I've laid down a profound instrumental that pays homage to Clarence. I wrote this song and gave it a title that pays tribute to Clarence." "Hummingbyrd" is on Stuart's most recent album, "Ghost Train (The Studio B Sessions)."