Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Wonder Years" Star Danica McKellar Expecting

A "happy" Danica McKellar is expecting. The "Wonder Years'" Winnie Cooper tells People.com that she's already near the end of her first trimester. McKellar says she and her husband, Mike Verta, could not stop crying when they saw the baby on the ultrasound for the first time. But the baby started out as a "distraction" for the actress. She says, quote, I was in the middle of a really intense deadline for my book. I wanted to put off the [pregnancy] test because I didn't want any distractions. That only lasted a day -- I couldn't stop thinking about it and I caved!" This will be the first child for McKellar and Verta.
The book McKellar is talking about is "Hot X: Algebra Exposed" and it comes out this August. McKellar is a mathematician. She has already published two books targeted towards girls in middle school. One is the "New York Times" best-seller, "Math Doesn't Suck," and the other is called "Kiss My Math." After "Wonder Years," McKellar went onto major in mathematics at UCLA.