Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blake Shelton "Cannot Wait" For Ryman Concert

When Blake Shelton takes the stage at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, he'll be singing to a capacity crowd. The country star is making his headlining debut at the famed venue Thursday night, and the show is sold out. Shelton says he's really looking forward to the performance. He notes, quote, "If anyone knows me, they know how important country music and its history is to me." Blake adds, quote, "I've been lucky enough to perform at the Ryman as part of the Grand Ole Opry and that is an honor onto itself. I cannot wait to stand-up on the historic Ryman stage, in front of my family and fans, and give the best performance of my life." With the Ryman concert, Shelton is supporting his latest CD, "Hillbilly Bone." This week the title track hit number one on the charts, becoming his sixth career chart-topper.