Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kenny Chesney Shares Struggles With Song Selection

As Kenny Chesney continues working on his next album, he admits the song selection process is tough. He says the difficulty isn't in finding material but in deciding on what to record. The singer explains, quote, "There are so many great songs out there, it's hard to decide what you want to do...cause you know you're leaving some amazing stuff on the table." The country star notes his goal is to discover, quote, "which songs take you new places without losing sight of where you've been, to find those moments that say something about who you are -- and how your fans are living life." Chesney adds, quote, "I'm lucky, because not only do I write all the time, but people pitch me songs all the time, too. I get the best of all worlds, and I'm spoiled in the music that I get to hear." Chesney is working on his follow up to 2008's "Lucky Old Sun." His new CD is expected to hit stores this fall.